Monday, February 06, 2006

Matters of The Heart: Computer Gaming

I have been gaming since 10 years old. During those days I would sit in front of my huge television with my head tilted a little upwards and my fingers intensively pressing buttons from my "Super Nintendo" controller. Slowly I evolved to become a desktop PC strategy game expert conquering in games such as “Red Alert” and ‘Warcraft” then to first player action games such as “Doom, Half-life and Counter-Strike” then to Massive Multi-player Online Role Playing Games such as “Darkages and Diablo II”

Is gaming a threat to youngsters in the educational aspect or the parents are over reacting? Personally, balanced gaming can bring enhancement to the developing brains of teenagers but on the other hand, addictive gaming can bring destruction to their health, studies and relationships. All in all, it boils down to the word "balance".

Gaming has brought me many friends. Recently I started an online “Battle.Net” “DotA” clan, I had the opportunity to experience 'the virtual turn reality'. Members of the clan got to meet one other at an eat-all-you-can Seoul Garden feast. We chatted about life and we talked about the game. Most importantly, our bonds have strengthened. It is amazing to see how friendship develops through just a simple game.


There is no age limit imposed on anyone, you are never too old to join the gaming world. Parents out there, games do not kill, excessive controlling of your child will. Kids out there, gaming is a hobby, not your life. Learn how to prioritise and obtain the power of balance. Happy gaming.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YeaHHhh...!!! THx for The Treat Too... =) ...

Monday, February 06, 2006 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger ۍupernaturaL яoץ said...

Heh, your welcome bro.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:19:00 AM  
Blogger me said...

woohoo.. richie roy on the lose eh? post more pic la handsome..

=p

play pool with me.. long time never play together liao..

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. roy's a hot FAVOURITE among gers too huh??? how come roy dun ask mi out for pool?? -.-

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger ۍupernaturaL яoץ said...

l`onard: .... Okay, I introduce you to one hot babe called Bimmer Butterfly.

Jac: Let's go pool then =D

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home