Sunday, January 29, 2006

Lunar New Year: Day 1

Relatives started streaming in at 10am. We had to entertain about 30 guests of all ages. Haven't seen them for ages and many of the kids have grown so much and of course the elders have grown older too. One of the highlights of visiting my house is the great food that my mother cooks, it is definitely something that every family cannot miss!

My red packet harvest has shrunked compared to the previous years. The Tan families have a rule about red packet giving...
1) If you are married - You are elimited from the entitlement of receiving a single red packet.
2) If you are working - The amount given is significantly reduced.
3) If you are above 21 years old - The amount given is also significantly reduced.
Therefore, only the young ones will enjoy huge blessings! I'm off that league.


I must say that the fellowship today was rather different, I felt that the bonding between one relative with another relative has gone up another level. They chatted happily while feasting on the dining table. The food must have played a big role!

HAPPY CHINESE DAY1 NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home