Friday, January 27, 2006

Stock Pick: Biosensors & DMX Technologies

As posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006, I mentioned that I bought Biosensors at $1.045. After stagnating for 3 long days, I finally sold it at $1.06 and earned a miserable sum of S$103.00.

Well, I shall not despise the small amount because it is money after all. I am still at my learning phase, slowly but surely I will one day achieve the goal of becoming Singapore's youngest and most successful stock market extraordinaire!

Yesterday I invested on a bullish counter called DMX Technologies at $0.9624. DMX Technologies is a 'system architect,' which they define as the business of designing and providing network solutions to customers with specialized products and services. This evening the counter closed at $0.970. I am hoping to take profit around $0.995. The long term outlook seems promising. Check out what DBS Vickers got to say about this sweetheart.

"DBS Vickers keeps Buy on DMX, ups target price to $1.20 from $1.07 as "it''s positive for DMX to have credible shareholders like Venture". Says Venture views DMX as a business with good potential. Earnings likely to grow at CAGR of 35% over next 2 years. Keeps FY05 net profit forecast at US$14.9 million, FY06''s at US$20.8 million vs US$10.1 million in FY04. Shares +1.1% at 91.5 cents."


6 Comments:

Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

Play equities only if you intend to invest long term, not contra. ;)

Friday, January 27, 2006 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger ۍupernaturaL яoץ said...

There are intra-day traders who made it big. I don't gamble, I read charts and reports. I stick closely to the market so I'd know likely where the counters' next step would be. Wanna join in the fun? :)

Friday, January 27, 2006 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Vandalin said...

dude, i'm not even gonna START about stocks and shares.

here's a quote from Warren Buffett,"We've found it hard to find significantly undervalued stocks, a difficulty greatly accentuated by the mushrooming of the funds we must deploy."

one of the 3 greatest investors of all time, in a world biggest market, backed by a HUGE army of analysts and traders and he says that.

Think about it...

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger ۍupernaturaL яoץ said...

But you must understand that you can never compare Warren Buffet with small investors like me.

Mr Buffet do not go for small swings or intra-day play. He goes for long-term multi-million dollars returns and with that he quoted: "a difficulty greatly accentuated by the mushrooming of the funds we must deploy". I have no funds mushroomation as swing traders like me go for counters that are on it's way to move a bit. Mr Buffet do not play that kind of baby move and due to that he must always pick up his stocks with huge amount of funds as it is rare to find undervalued stocks. On the other hand, I do not need to pick anything up and therefore my capital is very low. (that is why for me chart reading is necessary)

"hard to find significantly undervalued stocks"
- doesn't mean that you cannot find.

"a difficulity greatly accentuated..."
- difficult doesn't mean impossible.


Think about it...

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger ۍupernaturaL яoץ said...

Just a side track. I sold DMX Technologies at 0.980 and made about S$500.00. At least I see an increase in the profit made :)

S$600 in 2 days.
S$9000 in 1 month.

Sounds delicious! :D

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:37:00 PM  
Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

I can't join in intra-trading.

I'm in stockbroking myself.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home